Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It seems a bit unbelievable, but I'm in England right now. It's foggy and beautiful and the food is surprisingly delicious.

My flight to England left O'Hare Airport at 6PM, and we didn't get into Heathrow Airport until 8 the next morning. Which was 2 in Central Time. And guess who didn't sleep at all on the plane?

We bought some food at the airport at M&S, which is usually a clothing store but also sells food, especially at the airport. There were all of these cold meals that it sold, like sandwiches and salads and cold pasta dishes and fruit and drinks. The most interesting thing I saw was a taste of India sampler. Everything was fairly cheap and very fresh and delicious. We drove back to the flat from the airport on a coach, and there were trees everywhere. It's lovely here.

Our flat is spacious enough for thirteen people to live in. It still feels cozy, but cozy in a good way. My room is a four person, which has been excellent so far. Everyone's been really nice and we're all getting along really well.

I can look out my window and see people drying their clothes on a clothes line and an ancient looking garden wall. It's something that you'd have to be hard pressed to find in the States. And I love it.

More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment